- This event has passed.
Girl Scout Day at Hillwood
March 21, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Celebrate spring with the Girl Scouts during a fun-filled and festive day at Hillwood. Participants can earn a daisy petal, or a brownie, junior, or cadette badge.
All activities listed below are ongoing from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.:
- Play garden games on the lawn, including badminton, croquet, hula hoop, and jump rope.
- Putt on the Hillwood putting green just as Hillwood founder Marjorie Merriweather Post and her guests used to do.
- Practice yoga in the garden with Laurie Tucker of WellStyles Consulting. Yoga sessions begin at 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., and 12:30 p.m.
- Create your own works of art: self-portraits, fancy place-settings, and more.
- Try on costumes from a collection of hero’s capes, royal crowns, knight’s shields, and more.
- Explore enchanting gardens and discover glittering treasures in the mansion.
Earn a Daisy petal, or Brownie, Junior, or Cadette badge!
• Daisy petals: Lupe (Honest and Fair) and Gloria (Respect Myself and Others)
• Brownie badges: Making Friends and My Best Self
• Junior badges: Social Butterfly and Staying Fit
• Cadette badges: Science of Happiness and Field Day
Hillwood is a Premier Program Partner of the Girl Scout Council of the Nation’s Capital.