Strathmore has so much to offer; not only adults but for Bambinos of all ages as well. They have summer camp for kids and teens, a fun backyard summer concert series we attend every year, an annual Uke Festival and Bambinos can be a part of the Strathmore Children’s Chorus or the Maryland Classic Youth Orchestra. Here is a full listing of children’s programs at Strathmore so you don’t miss out! Below we’ve highlighted a few programs currently taking place.
Young art lovers can get behind the brushstrokes and into the head, heart, and history of the artists with these kid-friendly Saturday tours. Children take part in an educational guided tour of the current exhibitions followed by a hands-on art activity. Ages 7 & up. Accompanying adults are free. Reservations required. All sessions take place at 10:15am in the Mansion.
- October 5, 2019
- November 30, 2019
Junior music aficionados spend Saturday mornings singing, playing, and preparing for a lifetime of music appreciation. Strathmore’s fun, creative, kid-friendly series features renowned jazz singer Rochelle Rice and multi-instrumentalist Seth Kibel. Recommended for ages 4–8. All sessions take place at 10:15am in the Mansion. See Strathmore Kids Tips for this program! Performances on April 11 and 25 are sensory-friendly.
- February 29, 2020- Discover Folk Music with The Sweater Set
- March 7, 2020- Discover Go-Go Music with Elijah Balbed
- March 21, 2020- Discover Classical Music with Piotr Pakhomkin
- April 11, 2020- Discover Bluegrass Music with Brad Kolodner
- April 25, 2020- Discover Soul Music with Cecily
Four Saturdays this fall, families enjoy diverse and dynamic programs from some of the best storytellers in our area. At Strathmore’s Saturday Family Story Sessions, stories encourage active imagination and come alive through improv, puppetry, songs, and more. Kids and parents alike will be enamored by the epic tales our storytellers spin. Snag a spot in the cozy Mansion Music Room and get up close to the performers—you might even find yourself participating in the story! Ideal for ages 4–8. See Strathmore Kids Tips for this program. The 10:15am performances are sensory-friendly to create an experience that is welcoming to children with autism or sensory sensitivities.
- October 5, 2019- Literacy Out Loud with TAHIRA
- October 19, 2019- Life is Improvised! with Baltimore Improv Group
- October 26, 2019- The Miraculous Magical Balloon with Synetic Theater
Back by popular demand! The BSO Music Box concert series is the perfect program for budding little music lovers and takes place at AMP at Pike & Rose. Maria Broom hosts these 30-minute highly engaging and interactive concerts featuring an ensemble of BSO musicians performing light-hearted classical and children’s songs to develop your child’s musicality, creativity, coordination, and literacy. Half an hour prior to each concert, the room fills with a range of musical, creative, and fun activities for children and families, presented by Levine First Music. Ideal for ages 6 months–3 years. See our helpful tips for your visit!
- October 12, 2019, 10:00am- Autumn Colors
- October 12, 2019, 11:30am- Autumn Colors
- November 23, 2019, 10:00am- Great Big Animals
- November 23, 2019, 11:30am- Great Big Animals
- January 25, 2020, 10:00am- Snowflakes on Parade
- January 25, 2020, 11:30am- Snowflakes on Parade
- March 28, 2020, 10:00am- Celebrate Springtime
- March 28, 2020, 11:30am- Celebrate Springtime
- May 9, 2020, 10:00am- Birdie Melodies
- May 9, 2020, 11:30am- Birdie Melodies