With Baltimore being about a 45 minute drive (if you time it right), it’s the perfect destination for a day outing or even an overnight trip.We’ve got your itinerary planned for you; keeping your Bambinos busy while having a blast being in a new city. Unfortunately, this isn’t the city full of Smithsonian Museums so you will be charged to enter most of the attractions, but many are worth the price. Check their websites for daily discounts and specials.
1. Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Museum– 901 West Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD 21223
2. Port Discovery Children’s Museum– 35 Market Place, Baltimore, MD 21202
A few hours here and even your big kids will nap on the way home. The three-story climbing structure will physically tire them, but the constant learning opportunities, cleverly disguised as play, will leave them mentally exhausted too. The museum is an oasis designed for children ages 2 to 10. Port Discovery is attraction where kids can play, learn, exercise their creativity and expand their minds.
3. National Aquarium– 501 East Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD 21202
4. The Fire Museum of Maryland– 1301 York Road, Lutherville, MD 21093
5. Sandy Point State Park– 100 East College Parkway Annapolis, MD 21401
A day at the bay will make them sleep all night. The beach at this 786-acre park has a commanding view of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. The park’s recreational activities include swimming, fishing, crabbing, boating and windsurfing. Visitors enjoy picnicking as well as wildlife viewing and bird watching.
6. Maryland Science Center–
Hands-on learning including a Planetarium and IMAX!
7. Six Flags America Baltimore/Washington, DC– 13710 Central Avenue, Upper Marlboro, MD 20721
8. The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore–1876 Mansion House Drive Baltimore, MD 21217
9. Inner Harbor- Baltimore, MD 21202
From family-friendly museums and restaurants to satisfy every palate, to exciting nightlife, cultural experiences and spectacular people-watching, Baltimore’s Inner Harbor offers more to see and do than you can imagine.
10. Oriole Park at Camden Yards– 333 West Camden Street Baltimore, MD 21201
11. Medieval Times– 7000 Arundel Mills Cir, Hanover, MD 21076
Horses, sword play, javelin throwing and a feast at this elaborate dinner theater served “medieval style” (i.e without silverware) has my son sold on going here.