The Washington Nationals launched the Kids Eat Free program, a brand-new initiative that will offer complimentary meals for children ages 12 and under beginning on July 22nd and running through the Labor Day game vs. the New York Mets. The Nationals are the first Major League team to offer free meals to all young fans at every home game.
“We are thrilled to launch this first-of-its-kind program,” said Jake Burns, Nationals Executive Vice President, Business Operations. “The Nationals are committed to providing the best game day experience, and the Kids Eat Free program will offer tremendous value for our fans. Attending a baseball game is a quintessential American experience. We hope that this initiative will encourage more families to come to Nationals Park and enjoy the national pastime in the nation’s capital.”
The complimentary meal packs will include a hot dog, a choice of chips or applesauce, and a 12 oz. bottled water or soda. They will be available at dedicated Kids Eat Free concession stands, located at Section 143 near the PenFed Kids Fun Zone and Section 304 on the Gallery Level.
In order to sign up for the Kids Eat Free program, children must be registered, free of charge, as a Jr. Nationals Kids Club member. Fans can register for the Jr. Nationals Kids Club and the Kids Eat Free program through the MLB Ballpark App or by clicking here. Current Jr. Nationals Kids Club members are not automatically enrolled in Kids Eat Free, and will need to enroll separately for the Kids Eat Free program to be eligible for complimentary meals.
Fans are encouraged to sign up online before coming to Nationals Park; however, the Kids Eat Free benefit is valid immediately upon completion of registration, which can be done at the ballpark. Any adult may register a child for theKids Eat Free program. After registering, fans must use the MLB Ballpark App to access a voucher code in order to redeem their complimentary meals.
The Kids Eat Free initiative is the latest in a line of programs, promotions, and spaces designed to offer a family-friendly experience at Nationals Park. Other family-oriented amenities include:
PenFed Kids Fun Zone
- New play structure located near the Right Field Gate to better serve families with younger children.
Kids Giveaways presented by Harris Teeter
- The Nationals host special giveaways for kids on select Sundays throughout the season.
- Upcoming giveaways include: Teddy Squeezable Toy(August 18) andKids Lumberjack Cap(September 15).
Kids Run the Bases
- Fans ages 4 through 12 are invited to run the bases following each Sunday day game, weather permitting.
Racing Presidents Photos
- The Racing Presidents and the GEICO Gecko greet fans and pose for photos outside of Section 131 during the fifth inning of every home game.
First Game, Foul Ball, and Home Run Certificates
- Fans who want to celebrate attending their first game at Nationals Park or catching a foul or home run ball are welcome to commemorate the experience with a certificate! Certificates are available at three Guest Services locations (Sections 103, 131, or 320).
- Two Nationals players sign autographs for fans at each Sunday home game all season long. Fans must obtain a free voucher to participate in the autograph sessions – vouchers will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis at Section 103, starting when the gates open two hours before first pitch. Autographs take place at the top of the Nationals dugout starting one hour and ten minutes prior to first pitch, weather permitting and subject to player schedules.