We are teaming up with Eliana’s Light again after such an extremely successful Valentine’s Day Initiative, thanks to YOU! Help us celebrate all of the Mama’s and Caregivers for the 2nd Annual We Care For Moms Initiative! Eliana‘s Light, a local non-profit organization, is organizing caring members of our community to collaborate with us to develop gift bags for moms who will be spending Mother’s Day in the hospital to care for their child/ren who has/have a complex medical condition. There are various ways you can show your support for these moms! Below are some ideas but you are more than welcome to come up with your own. All gifts, donations and contributions are needed by May 8, 2018. We thank you in advance for your interest.
1. Organize a group of friends to make lavender sachets, aromatherapy putty, or a baked good at your house. Eliana’s Light can provide the supplies and recipes if necessary.
2. Make an in-kind donation of supplies for others to make crafts or baked goods for moms who will be at local hospitals over Mother’s Day. We have various options on our Amazon Wish List.
3. Donate a small self-care item from your business, or ask a local business you know to make a donation. We welcome lotions, gift certificates, and other self-care items you think would be appropriate for these moms.
4. Give a financial donation to enable Eliana’s Light to purchase ingredients and supplies.
5. Introduce Eliana’s Light to a corporation that could provide items you think moms would love.
6. Coordinate a used book drive to donate gently read books to Mom’s.