Tomorrow marks the first day of school for my first grader….the reason Beltway Bambinos began. How is he 6 years old?! Time certainly flies. I will be home tomorrow celebrating the start of school and eating bonbons in my pj’s. Just kidding, I will be anxiously awaiting 3:30pm so I can hear all about his day while entertaining my 2.5 year old who is fighting an ear infection while getting my house in order from the summer messes. Sound familiar?!
In honor of my big first grader I asked what his favorite outings were this summer and I thought it’d be a fun and special Weekday Adventures post for you all. So here were a 6 year olds highlights:
- Climbing, flying, running and jumping at ZavaZone
- Splashing around at Yards Park
- Hiking in Rock Creek Park
- Jazz in the Sculpture Garden— (final one is this Friday)
- Going to the beach– for a quick day trip head to North Beach or Sandy Point
- Artechouse interactive art exhibit
- Busy Bees opening in our neighborhood
A few don’t miss activities this week:
Solar Eclipse on Monday
Three corpse flowers are set to bloom at USBG. One is already in peek blooming state while the other two will be blooming soon.
The Children’s Art Studio is accepting applicants for the final two weeks of their summer camp (Aug. 21-25 & Aug.28-31)
Move mountains this school year big guy! Cheers to a great summer spent exploring Washington, DC!