MLB All Star Week in Washington, DC begins Friday!! In addition to Home Run Derby and the All Star Game, Play Ball Park will be located at The Yards, Parcel A, Lot 854 Square, located at the Intersection of First and M Streets SE, Washington, D.C. It is a 56,000 square feet interactive area that MLB and its programming partners will provide fun, engaging, and educational activities for youth baseball and softball players and their families – all in the backdrop of the Midsummer Classic.
See a fabulous kid-friendly show this weekend!
- Paper Dreams is at Imagination Stage which brings to life their first DANCE performance based show, perfect for ages 1-5 that explores the many facets of creativity. A fun, interactive production that tells the story of two delightful creatures who live inside a wastepaper basket. Can our greatest mistake actually turn out to be the next greatest innovative idea?
- Imagination Stage also has You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown for the older audience. You don’t want to miss your chance to see the comic strip characters of the lovable “Peanuts” gang comic brought to life! Join Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Lucy, Linus, Sally, and Schroeder as they sing and dance their way through the timeless struggles of childhood. This show features catchy songs, including “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown”, and is the perfect family outing for the young and young at heart!
- Adventure Theatre has everyone believing in fairies with Tinkerbell. Everyone knows the story of Peter Pan. Or, at least, everyone thinks they do. But unless you have heard it from Tinker Bell’s point of view, you really have not heard it at all. A new twinkling light shines on all the characters you love including, Wendy, the Lost Boys, Peter Pan, Smee, and the nefarious Hook from a feisty fairy’s point of view.
- Glen Echo Puppet Co has Old MacDonald’s Farm and Snow White and the 7 Dwarves for a variety of audiences.
- FLY Dance Company – Music From the Heart take on Wolf Trap Theatre-in-the-Woods.
- Wizard of Oz is put on by Synetic Theater at Georgetown University through August 12. A wizard stuck in a land far away from home—A Scarecrow tied to a pole–A Tinman rusted in a forest–A Lion afraid of his own shadow…their world turned upside down when Dorothy arrives in Oz.
Junior Food Festival at Mt. Airy Carnival Grounds welcomes Michael C. Platt from season 4 of Kids Baking Championship on Food Network. Grab your friends and family for a fun, food-filled weekend out! At the Junior Food Festival, there is something for everyone all weekend long.
Comcast Film Festival is pleased to announce the film fest 2018 dates for this summer! Bring your low beach chair, blanket, family and friends to this fun annual event and watch family favorite Coco on July 13 and the blockbuster Wonder Woman on July 14 with the stars above and the Potomac River as the backdrop. Comcast and the City of Alexandria welcome you back to scenic Waterfront Park for the 16th Annual Comcast Outdoor Film Festival. Located just one block from King Street on the Potomac River, we are offering two nights of FREE Outdoor Movies on our four story high movie screen in full HD.
The Nextival was created by Billy Zero in 2016 to give the local community and place to come together to share in community, art, culture, food, drink, music & entertainment. July 13 (5-10pm) // July 14 (11-10pm) // July 15th (11-5pm)
The Yards Park Friday Night Concert Series
The free Capitol Riverfront Friday Night Concert Series is back for its 8th Season. Every Friday night this summer, come to Yards Park to relax and enjoy the river view, fantastic bands, food and beverage, and a large variety of great restaurants within a few minutes walk from the park. Family-friendly lyrics and grassy open space make this an enjoyable event for adults and kids alike.
Jazz in the Sculpture Garden
The Jazz in the Garden Series begins its 18th season in May. The free concert series features jazz artists performing a wide variety of styles—Traditional New Orleans jazz, blues, swing, Ska, Funk, Pan-Caribbean salsa, boogaloo, Go-go, and more—every Friday evening from 5:00pm to 8:30pm in the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden. You can purchase food and adult beverages or bring your own picnic (but no adult bevs are allowed in).
Friday Night Live Concert Series
Kick off your weekend with live entertainment, great company, and fantastic food, wine and beer from the restaurants at Rockville Town Square from 6:00pm-9:00pm on The Square in Rockville Town Square. Music ranges from 80’s and 90’s cover bands, funk and soul, roots rock blues and southern rock.
(Various times) Art Investigators: Vincent van Gogh
How do you investigate a work of art? This program helps children make careful observations, analyze artists’ choices, ask questions, and use their imagination while exploring works of art. Led by museum educators, each program includes reading a children’s book, exploring one work of art in the galleries, and completing a simple hands-on activity. Each program is approximately 60 minutes. Friday, July 13 & Saturday, July 14 10:30, 11:30, 12:30
8:00pm: DC United
Cheer on the home team in the NEW stadium!!
11:30, 12:30, 1:30: Art Investigators: Vincent van Gogh
How do you investigate a work of art? This program helps children make careful observations, analyze artists’ choices, ask questions, and use their imagination while exploring works of art. Led by museum educators, each program includes reading a children’s book, exploring one work of art in the galleries, and completing a simple hands-on activity. Each program is approximately 60 minutes.
6:00pm: Movies on the Potomac at National Harbor: Alice Through the Looking Glass
Nothing says summer like an evening under the stars—and there’s no better way to enjoy the season than Movies on the Potomac at National Harbor. Pack your picnic blankets, grab food to go from one of our delicious dining establishments, and meet us at the Plaza’s big screen for a FREE evening of fun for all ages! . They also feature Date Night Movies on Thursdays at 7:00pm